Representative Dennis "Give Peace a Chance" Kucinich (D-Ohio) (shown at left flashing the peace sign) announced today that once again he will seek the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. We believe that all Republicans and security-minded "Red Democrats" such as the Kosher Hedgehog will join together to wish Senator Kucinich success in securing the Democratic Presidential nomination. Should he win the nomination, may we suggest as his running mate California's own Senator Barbara Boxer? We believe that only Senator Boxer can provide the intellectual gravitas to match that of Representative Kucinich. Also, Representative Kucinich, should you achieve the Democratic nomination, please consider Arianna Huffington as your campaign manager for the general election. Believe me, sir, our nation's bests interests are at stake.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Sex, Lies, and Rahm Emmanuel
- Rick Santorum, in Farewell Senate Speech, Warns Am...
- WHY WE FIGHT: Taliban Kills Two Women for Crime o...
- Jeanne Kirkpatrick, R.I.P.
- "Mistakes:" The Iraq War Blame Game
- French Presidential Candidate Agrees with Hezbolla...
- Pearl Harbor - 65 Years Ago Today
- The Iraq Study Group: Some Hard-Headed Analysis
- Quote of The Day
- It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year . . .
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like