News reports like this one are springing up about the Democrats' knowledge of Mark Foley's inappropriate e-mails way back in 2005. Apparently the Democrats sat on the e-mails until just before the 2006 elections and then "shopped" them to the news media.
So at this point, this much has been established:
- Mark Foley is a gay man who served in Congress "in the closet," and while there made e-mail advances to underage pages.
- Both Republicans and Democrats knew about this.
- Republicans kept it under wraps because they didn't want to lost Foley's seat.
- Democrats kept it under wraps until they could profit from it politically, at which time they used it, cynically, to their maximum advantage.
- Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats who knew about this cared one whit about the teenagers involved.
- The Democrats' behavior is all the more appalling because they feigned outrage and disgust over Foley's antics, even though they did nothing about his behavior until they could profit politically.
- Rahm Emmanuel, like his patron Bill Clinton, is a brazen liar.
- All of these people are disgusting.
All of this may be why, in a USA TODAY/Gallup taken Friday through Sunday:
If I were the father of a page involved, I'd be inclined to walk into some Congressional offices and punch a few noses, then see if any jury would convict me of battery. Not that I feel strongly about this or anything.
Only 15% of 1,009 adults . . . gave U.S. senators high or very high marks for
honesty and ethical standards. Only 14% did so for U.S. representatives.