Andrew McCarthy has it here.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Quote of The Day
- It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year . . .
- Iranian Coup in Washington, D.C?
- Hurray for Hollyweird
- Why Iran Wants Lebanon
- A Holiday Gift-giving Idea: Phone Cards
- The Coup in Lebanon Begins
- Let Keith Ellison Take His Oath On The Koran!
- Poltics, Politics, Politics: Ken Mehlman, Barack O...
- Victor Davis Hanson: Sobering
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like