Friday, September 12, 2008

The Hedgehog Tie: It's About Time!


Actually, I always figured it was only a matter of time, and now a maker of fine ties has come forward with . . . a Hedgehog tie.

I'll confess up front: I am a tie fanatic. I have many more ties than I really need, as my wife often reminds me. Even in this day of "business casual" wear among law firms, I enjoy wearing a tie to work every day but Friday.

So you can imagine my delight when Stuart Hotchkiss of the Nick Hotchkiss Collection let us know about his fun and fashionable silk twill ties with a hedgehog design - photo at left.

Ralph (the Kosher Hedgehog) and I would like to think that our little blog was the inspiration for these cravats, but we do not kid ourselves about that. Even so, Stuart, whose Hotchkiss Collection is offered in honor of his uncle Elmore D. "Nick" Hotchkiss, Jr., tells us that the version with hedgehogs and Greek letters has become one of Warren Buffet's favorite ties. Do great minds think alike, or what?

You can get your very own Hedgehog tie here.

Now Ralph and I each own one of these ties, and it is simply one fine piece of neckwear. Please do not mistake this product for a "gimmick" tie; it is truly beautiful. I plan to purchase more of these and make gifts of them to my friends who truly appreciate what it means to have a hedgehog's worldview.

But the hedgehog ties only scratch the surface of the Hotchkiss Collection's tie offerings. Stuart has all kinds of ties, featuring everything from the Eiffel Tower to Wimbledon.

For example, if you've read this blog much, you know that Ralph and I are lawyers. Well, because Stuart has a sense of humor (and because Ralph and I do too) he was kind enough to present each of us with a Sharks tie as well. Fair enough, we say.

Lovers of fine ties and seekers of thoughtful gifts will consider the Hotchkiss Collection a real find. I know I will be a regular customer.

Thanks, Stuart, for putting us together with "our" ties.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice tie.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home