The Jerusalem Post reports that 10-12 attackers, using brass knuckles, beat up three Jewish teenagers in Paris this past Saturday afternoon. Following the lead of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and in the interest of avoiding intolerance and bias against the religious group to which the attackers belonged, we will not mention that religious group in this post. We request that our readers who follow the hyperlink to the Jerusalem Post article similarly ignore all mention of the religion of the attackers, which is a religion known for preaching peace, love and tolerance, except not toward members of other religions.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Palin-Thatcher Comparision Update--WSJ Joins the C...
- Sarah Palin--The GOP's "Maggie Thatcher"?
- Newt Gingrich on the SMM and Sarah Palin
- Newt Gingrich on California's Proposition 8
- Sarah Palin: John Podhoretz on the "inexperience"...
- More on Sarah Palin: Authenticity
- Sarah Palin: Quote of the Day
- Hezbollah in Venezuela--A Challenge to the Monroe ...
- Thank God We Live in a Nation Where Barack Obama C...
- McCain advertising folks are worth whatever he's p...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like