From Israel National News-Arutz Sheva: In an interview with CNN, Senator Obama described his statement in a June speech to AIPAC, advocating that Jerusalem remain "the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided," as an example of "poor phrasing" and carelessness in "syntax." It makes one wonder if his declaration in the same speech, that any peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians must preserve "the identity of Israel as a Jewish State with secure, recognized and defensible borders," also represented poor phrasing and careless syntax.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, July 14, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- LGBT and now Q: How Many Letters Will the Alterna...
- Help Stop British Islamists From Silencing Blog Cr...
- Israeli Justice Ministry Announces New Fraud and C...
- Columbian Commandos Rescue Betancourt and American...
- Barack Obama: You Should Be Embarrassed if You Sp...
- Why Israel Will Not Attack Iranian Nukes This Year...
- Obama's Secret Plan to End the War in Iraq
- Flying 200 miles in a lawn chair
- Happy Independence Day
- How Californians See The USA
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like