Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Barack Obama: You Should Be Embarrassed if You Speak Only English

I happen to speak fairly fluent Spanish, so I guess I don't need to be "embarrassed" by Senator Obama's standards. Ralph speaks Hebrew, so he's safe too.



(HT: Hugh Hewitt.) Obama's comment strikes me as the kind of offhand remark my liberal friends would make over lunch, among elite company. It is also typical of the lightweight thinking Obama often displays. (Another example: Saying he'd call in the Joint Chiefs of Staff for consultations on Iraq strategy, when someone who wants to be Commander in Chief should know it is the Commander of CENTCOM he would be consulting with.)

This guy will be hard to take for eight years. Let's hope that is not necessary.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Fe2O3 said...

Unfortunately for me, I would probably fall in the category of one of those Americans who go to Europe and make us look bad over there. You see, the French that I learned, and was getting pretty good at speaking, suffered horribly when I lived in Hong Kong and learned Cantonese. I can only stumble through simple French sentences now and I generally tend to throw Chineese words in at random. Perhaps the only phrase I could say in France would be "Merci beaucoup!"

It's all ID politics, but Obama wants to play on the negative IDs of those who don't support him rather than his own identity. We are the great unwashed, the stupid Americans, the ones who turn to God and guns when things go wrong for us, the ones who need to be saved from ourselves, who can't be trusted to evaluate science for ourselves. Only such an one could oppose the Obama.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home