Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Republican Debate

You know, if I did not have such a trusting nature, I would accuse CNN, intentionally or not, of skewing that debate toward Rudy Giuliani. Wolf Blitzer seemed very inclined to toss the easiest softball follow-ups to Rudy. Romney, my guy, was almost shut out of the second half of the debate. Or at least it looked that way to me.

As I noted over on Article VI Blog, Dean Barnett's comment is important:
I wonder how many of these engagements John Kerry won in 2004. And I know how many George W. Bush won in 2000 – 0. My point is that while we political junkies groove on these things, the rest of America has better ways to spend its time.
Update: This YouTube video from Fox this morning is, in a word, fascinating:



Romney won? Wow. From what the pundits wrote, who'd a-thunk it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In keeping with your Hedgehog theme, CNN long ago went "Over the Hedge" with regards to its liberalism.

Also, I would consider it a privilege if you would add my mainly political blog "The Tygrrrr Express" www.blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com to your list of linked sites if you feel the quality is high.

Happy June.

eric

Monday, June 18, 2007 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home