More unhappy Islamist protesters. After Arabs heeded the call of Sheik Salah for riots on Friday, the Moslem Sabbath, to protest Israeli archeological excavations near the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, Salah called for another day of rioting on Saturday, so as to ruin the Jewish Sabbath as well. For a Hedgehog backgrounder on what underlies the rioting, please see our prior post, "The Real Reasons Why Moslems Protest the Archeological Dig Near the Temple Mount." The critical matter for the reader to keep in mind is that the dig presents no threat whatsover to the Al Aksa Mosque, and the Moslem leadership knows that this is the case. The objectives of the Moslem leadership are purely and simply to demonstrate their control over the Temple Mount and to repudiate Jewish historical and national claims to the Temple Mount and Jerusalem. That is also why Israel cannot afford to placate the rioters by shutting down the dig.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, February 09, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Mitt Romney's "Journey to The Right"
- Bibi Netanyahu Briefs Bloggers In Conference Call
- Four Rockets from Gaza Hit Southern Israel
- Man Bites Dog! San Francisco State U. Takes a Stan...
- The Real Reason Why Moslems Protest the Archeologi...
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing This is a person...
- John McCain Sings Barbra Streisand
- Hezbollah Head Admits Iranian Arms Supplies
- George Soros Calls For "De-Nazification" of the Un...
- Global Warming: A View
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like