Jimmy Carter has always viewed Israel as the primary obstacle to peace in the Middle East. The following two Dry Bones cartoons date back to June 1977, when the feisty Prime Minister Menachem Begin, of blessed memory, was feeling increasing American pressure to make territorial concessions "for peace," including making Jerusalem an international city. The second one is the most popular Dry Bones ever published. For those who for some reason are not frequent visitors to Yaakov Kirschen's award-winning website, here are the two classics. [The second needs to be viewed on a large scale to be fully appreciated. To do so, go here.]
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, December 17, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Mitt Romney and Christmas
- Thoughts for the Weekend: The Christmas Spirit
- Gaza is a Gang War!
- Dry Bones On Jim Baker: 2006 and 1992
- All Good Wishes to Senator Tim Johnson
- At Least One Good Thing Came Out of That Lousy War...
- Carter's Maps: Worse Than Plagiarism.
- Mark Steyn Assesses the ISG Report; How Should Isr...
- Military Recruits Do Not Share Pessimism
- Good News At Last: Kucinich to Seek Democratic Pre...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like