Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- A New Blog Is Born
- Medal of Honor Winner Charles Hagemeister
- "America, you lost. I won," Moussaoui said . . . ....
- My Interview on The Hugh Hewitt Show
- Medal of Honor Winner: Allan Jay Kellogg, Jr.
- A Reminder of Our Debt to Our Armed Forces and Vet...
- The Scooter Libby Story Is About to Get Very Inter...
- Today's Congressional Medal of Honor Winner: James...
- Net Neutrality: Why You Should Support It
- Fouad Ajami: Tribute to Bernard Lewis
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like