Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Interview on The Hugh Hewitt Show


I somehow failed to mention this, but last Thursday I found myself at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, California, listening to a live broadcast of the Hugh Hewitt show. Making a long story short, Hugh invited both John Schroeder of Blogotional and me out of the audience for an interview. You can listen to the whole thing here. I hope I do not sound panic-stricken or breathless.

Seriously, it was a terrific experience. John's a fellow Southern California Bloggers' Alliance member whom I've known since I joined the Alliance and just met personally the week before last. We had fun being on the air. Hugh's a bright, engaging person in his own right and is an excellent interviewer-- he made it easy.

The interview focused mainly on Mitt Romney's presidential aspirations and the religious issues a Romney candidacy unfortunately raises. You'll find links to some of my posts on that subject here.

The most interesting part of the experience was that Hugh, blogfather to both John and me, urged us to start a new blog on an aspect of our interview last Thursday. Stay tuned for an announcement!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hedgehog, thanks for sharing the audio link. Neither panic-stricken nor breathless--a very creditable job. Well done.

Heard a local (Utah) news report today that Romney said he would respond to those concerned about his religion in the same way that JFK did in 1960 (not clear whether he is actually preparing to make a statement or that it was the response). I guess we shall see. Mitt is a very savvy guy, so I have to believe that he realizes that this is not 1960 and that the nature of the opposition voiced toward Romney's Mormonism, while religiously based, is not really the same objection raised against JFK. But maybe he believes that an appeal to the precedent, although not directly analogous, may have the desired effect. He's got more "people" working on this than I do, of course.

Posted by BlueBuffoon

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home