Tom Maguire is all over the story arising from the request by "Scooter" Libby's lawyers yesterday that a federal judge order several MSM organizations to produce "e-mails, drafts of news articles and reporters' notes they say the former top White House aide needs to receive a fair trial in the CIA leak case." I think this is going to get much more complicated than anyone at the WaPo or NY Times ever dreamed it would. (HT: Hugh Hewitt.)
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Today's Congressional Medal of Honor Winner: James...
- Net Neutrality: Why You Should Support It
- Fouad Ajami: Tribute to Bernard Lewis
- Do You Fit This Profile of A Blog Reader?
- "No More Vietnams"
- Quote of The Day: Is Mitt Romney Being Treated Fa...
- John Kerry's Faneuil Hall Speech: "Sacrificing liv...
- Will Conservatives Accept A Bush Course Correction...
- One of The Joys of Living in California . . .
- It's Tony Snow
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like