Now we have a David Broder op-ed praising John Roberts. To those nervous on the right, this will be a bad sign. I think it's simply evidence of just how unusually well-suited Roberts is for the Supreme Court. The President could do much worse than to send another one like him up to the Senate.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- One Last Post About The Gaza Withdrawal
- Comments from A Presbyterian Reader
- Victor Davis Hanson on The MSM And Katrina
- The Bush Bathroom Note
- What The Islamofascists Are Saying
- Well, Maybe President Bush Didn't Dynamite The New...
- Stanley Tillinghast, M.D. - Another Katrina Physic...
- Some Follow-Up Information on Greg Henderson, M.D....
- Is Post-Katrina "Environmental Derangement Syndrom...
- Quote of The Day
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like