At the left. Ramirez was the clear choice of readers, so we have linked to him at the left. If anyone knows how to get his cartoons simply to appear here (like Day by Day did) without a copyright violation, please let me know!
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Concerned about the country's direction?
- Iran Launches Medium-Range Missile; U.S. Retaliate...
- To Our Readers
- When Bibi Met Obama--Dry Bones Version
- Leon Panetta fires back at Nancy Pelosi - hard
- Egyptian Islamic Cleric Says All Pigs Must Die Bec...
- Why Is There So Much Identity Theft?
- Mark Steyn on Colin Powell and the GOP
- Hamas Dangles Bait of Phony Peace Plan--Will Obama...
- Beverly Cleary
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like