In an odd moment I came across this video interview with Beverly Cleary. Anyone who, like me, spent hour after hour in elementary school reading about Henry Huggins, his friend Beezus and her sister Ramona (not to mention Henry's dog Ribsy), will find this lots of fun and quite interesting.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Keith Olbermann and Miss California: Have You No ...
- Ivan Houston's "BLACK WARRIORS: The Buffalo Soldie...
- Ford has a better idea
- Tears, Then Joy: Israel Remembers Her Fallen Sold...
- PA President Abbas Won't Recognize the Jewish Stat...
- Ghost War Sees to Interdict Iranian Arms Shipments...
- Taliban Aggression in Pakistan Demonstrates How Is...
- Talking things over with the Taliban
- Susan Boyle: Why Do We Care So much?
- State Department Says Palestinian Recognition of I...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like