Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, September 19, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Now here's a concept: Imagine the next really "ho...
- Should the U.S. Government Be One Of The World's L...
- Breaking News from Israel: Exit Polls Show Livni W...
- What God Wants, Not What We Want: A Jewish Gay Ma...
- If Obama is elected president I hope he can take t...
- Sarah Palin. Hillary Clinton. Saturday Night Live...
- The More Traditionally Jewish, The More Republican...
- Liberal Pols Don't Give Charity-They Want to Tax Y...
- McCain-Palin waste no time in addressing the weeke...
- The Hedgehog Tie: It's About Time!
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like