Overcome no doubt by the generous spirit of the season, Palestinians gave Israel two more rockets today. On Sunday, the government of Ehud Olmert announced that it would continue its policy of not responding to Palestinian rocket attacks, a policy under which "ceasefire" means "we cease, they fire." To date, the Palesitinians have launched more than 50 rockets at Israel since the ceasefire broke out. But have no fear--as reported in the caption to the photo that accompanied this news story, the Olmert government plans to turn to the United Nations for assistance. "Israel will lodge an official complaint at the United Nations against ongoing Palestinian rocket fire from the Gaza Strip in defiance of a month-old ceasefire." I predict a U.N. resolution condemning Israel for not providing the Palestinians with more accurate targeting technology.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, December 25, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Merry Christmas from the Hedgehog
- PA Foreign Minister: Ceasefire with Israel is a "...
- Pat Conroy: "Confessions of An American Coward"
- New David Zucker Short on Baker, Ahmenidijad and t...
- Operation Gratitude Sends Out Its 200,000th Gift B...
- Second Lieutenant Scott Lundell, RIP: A Story Abou...
- Surprising Iraqi Video from MEMRI
- At Least Jimmy Carter is Consistent
- Mitt Romney and Christmas
- Thoughts for the Weekend: The Christmas Spirit
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like