Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An Ambrose Bierce View Applicable to Recent . . . Developments


The following are from Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionary:"

POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

POLITICIAN, n. An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared with the statesman, he suffers the disadvantage of being alive.

I know, those are pretty dark, but they kind of fit my mood today (not dark, but pretty darn tired of politics).

1 Comments:

Blogger George Berryman said...

I know, those are pretty dark, but they kind of fit my mood today. 

You're not alone Hedgehog! I think I've used the word Commie on my blog 27,000 times in the past two days. 

Posted by George Berryman

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home