Monday, October 30, 2006

Michael Barone: Are Those Polls Credible?

I have tended to be pessimistic about Republican chances to hold on to the House after next week's mid-terms. I still am. But I have wondered if the situation's as bad as the MSM depicts it (a little too gleefully, it seems to me). Michael Barone gives some reason for skepticism.

On a lighter note, Dean Barnett adds:

Where conservatives decline to even participate in polls, I bet the average liberal over-participates. I can hear the typical conversation:

Pollster: On the subject of President George W. Bush’s job performance, do you strongly approve, approve, disapprove, strongly disapprove, or have no opinion.

Liberal: Well, I’ve been around for 62 years on this green earth, and I’ve never seen abuses of power like this administration has reveled in…

Pollster: Sir, can you answer the question.

Liberal: Habeas corpus!!! Water boarding!! Iraq! It’s the death of America as we know it!!!

Sad, but with the ring of truth.

Also from Dean: The Boston Globe continues to act like a newspaper that does not like Mitt Romney.