Michael Medved reportedly has recommended that Mel Gibson (pictured at left with a friend, and what a friend he has in him) visit Israel as part of the repentence process for his anti-Jewish rant following his arrest for drunk driving. One of my favorite Jerusalem Post columnists, Barbara Sofer, has her recommendations for Gibson's itinerary here. Ms. Sofer forgets, however, that the name "Udi Goldwasser," mentioned in her column, may not be as familiar to her foreign readers as it is to every Israeli. Udi Goldwasser was one of the two soldiers kidnapped by Hezbollah in the July 12 across-border attack that triggered this past summer's war in Lebanon. His fate, and that of his fellow hostage, Eldad Regev, is still unknown. One should not be too hard on oneself if one has forgotten their names. The rest of the world seems to have forgotten them as well.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Victor Hanson Asks Whether the West is Returning t...
- If Brazil Can Do It, So Can Bill Clinton.--the Yes...
- Ankle-Biting Pundits, McCain, and Romney: Ethical...
- Who Wrote This Letter to Latino Voters?
- War is Coming in Gaza--But it is Unclear Who Will ...
- John McCain, Bloggers, and Low Blows To Mitt Romne...
- ZUCKER UNCENSORED - THE TAXMAN AD: Start The Day W...
- Boston Globe-Mitt Romney Update
- The Peace of Ramadan?
- Victor Davis Hanson Recites the Lessons Learned Si...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like