Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, October 17, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Illegal Immigration: What GOP Voters Want
- If You're Ready for The Definitive Pro-Miers Post,...
- Credentialism, Elitism, and Schism in The Post-Har...
- Read Matthew Scully's Column Today
- Take The Children from The Room Before Watching Th...
- About Harriet Miers' Judicial Philosophy
- Is A President Required to Cater to His Base?
- Maybe These Republican Members of The Judiciary Co...
- Clarence Thomas and Harriet Miers: What's The Dif...
- As "Miers Fatigue" Sets In, Here Are Some Question...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like