Don't miss Hugh Hewitt's report on his conversation today with Karl Rove. I would like to see a calm, reasoned rebuttal from one of the anti-Miers pack.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Is A President Required to Cater to His Base?
- Maybe These Republican Members of The Judiciary Co...
- Clarence Thomas and Harriet Miers: What's The Dif...
- As "Miers Fatigue" Sets In, Here Are Some Question...
- Meanwhile, Beldar Actually Looks at Harriet Miers'...
- Internal Debate at Power Line?
- Distinguished Center-Right Blogs Continue Slipping...
- Disappointing Behavior by Disappointed Conservativ...
- The Difference between So Many Conservative Ivy Le...
- Miers: Time for Conservatives to "Cowboy Up"
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like