Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Chuck Schumer, The Evil Umpire
- What Would We Do without Middle Eastern Blood Libe...
- Help Me: I Don't Recall If I've Ever Been A Membe...
- John Roberts Is "Non-Plused" - Or Is He? Jonathan ...
- Additional Proof The The New York Times Occasional...
- Muslims, Pluralism and Multiculturalism; And Tom F...
- Australian Prime Minister Takes Down Reporter for ...
- The John Roberts Nomination: Required Reading
- The Latest Devastating Take-Down of Karl Rove's Op...
- Quote of The Week
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like