Christopher Hitchens does it here in a Slate piece entitled "Rove Rage." I tried to find an excerpt to quote, but the whole piece is too tightly written to allow any brief quote that would do justice to it. Read, my friends, read!
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Quote of The Week
- Al Quaeda's War On Us, So Far
- Another Rove-Plame-Wilson Summary
- Ralph Kostant on Sharon And The Settlement Withdra...
- "Murder is murder."
- If You Don't Watch Any Other Video Today, Watch Th...
- Soldier Survives Iraqi Sniper Attack; Then Capture...
- Intra-Christian Discrimination?
- Rove and Plame and Wilson: The Story Just Keeps o...
- And Now For Something Completely Different
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like