This morning on NPR I heard the story of Schumer's latest antics. He said, regarding the John Roberts nomination, that the White House already has two "strikes" and after a third strike, will be "out." I happened to be working out this morning as I heard the sound bite, and I must admit I laughed out loud. Power Line has a less mirthful take.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- What Would We Do without Middle Eastern Blood Libe...
- Help Me: I Don't Recall If I've Ever Been A Membe...
- John Roberts Is "Non-Plused" - Or Is He? Jonathan ...
- Additional Proof The The New York Times Occasional...
- Muslims, Pluralism and Multiculturalism; And Tom F...
- Australian Prime Minister Takes Down Reporter for ...
- The John Roberts Nomination: Required Reading
- The Latest Devastating Take-Down of Karl Rove's Op...
- Quote of The Week
- Al Quaeda's War On Us, So Far
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like