Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Blogger Lunch

Link
Serendipity and good will led to a lunch meeting among bloggers. Doug TenNapel, Okie On The Lam, and your servant noshed away at an Encino deli for a little over an hour today. It was a little odd at the beginning because until we figured out who was who, no member of the group had ever laid eyes on any other member.

Fortunately my photo on the left actually does bear a passing resemblance to me, and so Dale (Okie, or The Okinator, as Doug has named him) was able to spot me. Then Okie and I spotted a guy who had to be Doug. Believe me folks, Doug looks and acts like a cartoonist who works for Nickelodeon and writes graphic sci-fi novels about good Christian monsters from outer space-- thoroughly delightful. A Hedgehog review of Doug's graphic novel, Creature Tech, is forthcoming.

We had a great time. Okie and Doug are passionate, kind, and articulate. Take it from me: If you blog, and can somehow arrange to get together in person with like-minded bloggers, you'll have a lot to talk about. We all agreed that it's wonderful that thanks to the blogosphere, the three of us, who would never have known the others existed, were now connected. And it's only the beginning. I'm delighted to be part of the SoCal Bloggers' Alliance and look forward to further blogging connections.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Alliance fellow blogger. I'm looking forward to a daily read at the hedgehog! 

Posted by J. A. Gillmartin

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home