Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- RatherGate Rolls On: The Prowler Has A Source With...
- Rather must be feeling a little like this today.
- A Brief Debate on CBS and The Vietnam-Era Service ...
- And Now For Something Really Fascinating
- Update to the RatherGate Update
- RatherGate Update
- Dan Rather's Adventures in Wonderland
- Just A Reminder . . .
- Some Things Are Simply Funny
- We Need To Remember
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like