Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Saturday, September 11, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- We Need To Remember
- An Interesting View from Blogger Jane Galt
- Mark Steyn on CBS and Magic Typewriters
- Dan Rather Takes Sudden Vacation
- Remember When No One Could Do Anything About News ...
- Parody Adds Perspective
- A Little Humor about CBS And Documents
- A Respite from Politics: A Marine Colonel's Repor...
- Forged Documents: A CBS Disaster
- UPDATE: Are Those "60 Minutes" Documents Forged?
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like