In the Washington Post, the Kosher Hedgehog's co-religionist, Senator Joe Lieberman, the first Jew to be nominated by a major party for the Vice Presidency of the United States, explains why the Mormon faith of Mitt Romney, Lowell's co-religionist, should not be a bar to his candidacy for the U.S. Presidency.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, October 17, 2011
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Is Israel Paying Too High a Price for Gilad Shalit...
- Alan Dershowitz Flays the UN and the Palestinian S...
- Palestinian Authority Claims State Covering All of...
- CERN Reports Particles Moving Faster than Light Sp...
- Dry Bones on Uncle Sam's Current Economic Dilemma
- Palestinians Want It All--All of Israel that is
- Useful Idiot Update-Ahmadinejad Cancels Dinner Inv...
- Refusal to Sell F-22 Jets to Taiwan Raises Doubts ...
- Israel Sends Assistance to International Disaster ...
- Palestine will be an Apartheid State
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like