Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Dry Bones on Uncle Sam's Current Economic Dilemma
- Palestinians Want It All--All of Israel that is
- Useful Idiot Update-Ahmadinejad Cancels Dinner Inv...
- Refusal to Sell F-22 Jets to Taiwan Raises Doubts ...
- Israel Sends Assistance to International Disaster ...
- Palestine will be an Apartheid State
- Desperately Spinning Debbie Wasserman Schultz on t...
- In NY9th, Orthodox Jews Voted Their Conscience, No...
- Useful Idiots Update: NBC Films "Day in the Life"...
- Motorcyclist rescued from beneath burning car
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like