Sunday, November 07, 2010


Well, Ralph, thanks for considering my Utes worthy of spoiler status in your post below. Sadly, and as you've already noted, the Utah football team I have been following all season didn't show up for last Saturday's game. Let's just say it was a painful thing to watch. Still and all, life will go on and my team will probably (I am hoping here, folks, work with me) end the season 12-1, ranked close to the top 10, with a 10th straight bowl victory to its credit, and beginning its membership in the PAC12. As one of my British friends might say, that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Last Saturday was not without its moments of pure fun. My Utah fan son talked me into attending ESPN's College Game Day festivities with him. That entailed showing up at the Rice-Eccles Stadium parking lot at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning. (No, I don't love college football that much, but I love my son that much.) Folks, as I might have said during my own college days, that Game Day experience was . . . a blast. In the upper left is a photo of my son and me in the pre-dawn darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home