Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, November 04, 2010
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- UTES May Usurp Stanford's Rightful Place in the R...
- Janice Schakowsky (D-Illinois 9th Congr. Dist.) Co...
- Republican Jewish Coalition PAC Triumphs Over J St...
- Mark Helprin Explains Why Israel Needs the Bomb
- Please This Cartoon Should Come True This Tuesday
- Terrorist Bomb Plot Foiled. Thank you, Mr. Preside...
- LATMA Paradies Western Media Staging of Silwan "Ri...
- Are you opposed to President Obama's agenda, or si...
- Have You Seen Mary Norris? Who? On FBI Advice, Sea...
- BOWING TO ISLAMIST INTIMIDATION
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like