An article in Forbes reports that the richest Americans are fleeing eight states that have targeted wealthy households with higher income tax rates, including California and New York, and are flocking to areas with warm weather, affordable real estate and low or non-existent state income taxes. Who would have thunk it? The result, of course, is that states such as California, which have passed income tax increases to try to reduce their budget deficits. will instead see their tax bases decline and their tax revenues further reduced, while the low-tax jurisdictions will prosper. Will the last person out of California please turn out the light?
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Obama Administration Seeks to Deport Palestinian W...
- Genetics Prove "Am Yisrael Chai"--The Jewish Peopl...
- Israel Apologizes for Telling the Truth; Lefty Cal...
- Reuters "Disarms" "Activists" in Cropped Photos of...
- A Joke That is so Funny it Hurts.
- We Con The World
- What About World Opinion? Israel No Longer Cares....
- Pro-Hamas Flotilla Outmaneuvers Israeli Navy
- Memorial Day 2010: Remembering Alejandro Ruiz, Med...
- Obama and the Gulf Oil Disaster: Talk versus Acti...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like