Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, February 05, 2010
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Study Shows Abstinence Education Delays Onset of S...
- Mort Zuckerman on Obama: "He's Done Everything Wro...
- President Obama Hectors the U.S. Supreme Court - t...
- Now it's Jon Stewart who is mocking Obama's TelePr...
- Help Haiti
- The latest reaction to the Scott Brown victory in ...
- BREAKING NEWS: Coakley Concedes; Scott Brown is t...
- CNN: Israel First to Set Up Field Hospital in Hait...
- Unfortunate politicall comment of the week - Massa...
- Earliest Known Hebrew Inscription Bolsters Biblica...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like