The advocacy of abstinence in sex education is regularly pilloried as ineffective and unenlightened by the Left and mainstream media. (Yes, I know that "the Left and mainstream media" is a redundant phrase.) Now the Washington Post reports that the first carefully designed study to evaluate the controversy over abstinence education has shown that sex education classes that focus on encouraging children to remain abstinent can convince a significant proportion to delay sexual activity. Watch for a furious attempt to discredit the study.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, February 01, 2010
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Mort Zuckerman on Obama: "He's Done Everything Wro...
- President Obama Hectors the U.S. Supreme Court - t...
- Now it's Jon Stewart who is mocking Obama's TelePr...
- Help Haiti
- The latest reaction to the Scott Brown victory in ...
- BREAKING NEWS: Coakley Concedes; Scott Brown is t...
- CNN: Israel First to Set Up Field Hospital in Hait...
- Unfortunate politicall comment of the week - Massa...
- Earliest Known Hebrew Inscription Bolsters Biblica...
- Does the CIA Know What is the Capital of Nigeria? ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like