In a recent interview with National Public Radio, President Barack Obama emphasized the special relationship between the United States and Israel, and then pointedly added, "part of being a good friend is being honest." That was by way of introducing the increasing pressure that the U.S. is putting on Israel regarding settlements in Judea and Samaria (the so-called "West Bank"). Writing in Commentary Magazine,John Podhoretz analyses the possible cost to Israel of President Obama's friendship.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Why Was Joe Biden Was Invited to "The Teachable Mo...
- Arlen Specter on Obamacare: "We have to make judg...
- Health Care Reform: Is the Wyden-Bennett Bill the...
- How J Street Aids and Abets Obama's Anti-Israel Po...
- "Why We'll Leave L.A."
- Very smart donkey
- HAVE A GLORIOUS 4TH OF JULY!
- Obama's EPA Silences Global Warming Skeptic
- NY Times Reporter Roger Cohen Recants on Iran, to ...
- Murray Kostant, Of Blessed Memory
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like