Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, August 03, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Health Care Reform: Is the Wyden-Bennett Bill the...
- How J Street Aids and Abets Obama's Anti-Israel Po...
- "Why We'll Leave L.A."
- Very smart donkey
- HAVE A GLORIOUS 4TH OF JULY!
- Obama's EPA Silences Global Warming Skeptic
- NY Times Reporter Roger Cohen Recants on Iran, to ...
- Murray Kostant, Of Blessed Memory
- Iranian Government Charges Family for Bullets That...
- Father's Day 2009: Hallelujah: A Sestina
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like