Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- "Mideast Peace Starts With Respect"
- Pakistan an Obama Administration Foreign Policy Su...
- Robinson Medal of Freedom Nomination Part of the O...
- Fouad Ajami: Realism and Benign Neglect Now Drive ...
- Obamacare: Dueling Republican and Democrat TV Ads...
- John Podhoretz on President Obama's "Honesty" With...
- Why Was Joe Biden Was Invited to "The Teachable Mo...
- Arlen Specter on Obamacare: "We have to make judg...
- Health Care Reform: Is the Wyden-Bennett Bill the...
- How J Street Aids and Abets Obama's Anti-Israel Po...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like