Saturday, May 30, 2009

Senator Joe Lieberman on How the U.S. Should Deal with the Iranian Nuclear Threat

Hello from beautiful Omaha, Nebraska. (I really do mean that--Omaha is a lovely city with incredibly friendly people. Go Huskers!) I am here visiting on the occasion of my daughter Sara's completion of her 4-year OB/GYN residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Allow me to "shep nachas" as we say in Yiddish. (It means deriving some proud joy in the achievements of one's children.) Sara's next stop is Chicago, where she will be engaged in a 3-year post-residency fellowship in Urogynecology, an emerging surgical specialty that I probably am misspelling.

But enough about my family. In the May 30 Wall Street Journal, Senator Joe Lieberman published an excellent column on how the U.S. should confront the Iranian nuclear threat, discussing in particular the bill introduced in the Senate by Senators Lieberman, Jon Kyl and Evan Bayh. I urge our readers to read Senator Lieberman's column and urge your Senators to support the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home