Happy days are not here again. Since Election Day, the Dow has fallen 14% with similar tumbles in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ. Apparently, Wall Street is not convinced that the advent of Obama will heal all financial wounds. Read all about it in "A Barack Market," in today's Wall Street Journal.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Center for American Progress Formulates Obama Admi...
- HAMAS CLAIMS IT MET WITH OBAMA AIDES BEFORE ELECTI...
- Of Course Race Played a Role In the Presidential E...
- A Few Prop 8 Thoughts
- Yossi Beilin, Architect of Israel's Disasters
- The Post-Election Hangover
- The Loyal Opposition Congratulates President-Elect...
- Keep Gitmo Open!
- California Catholic Conference Condemns Outrageous...
- The Latest "No On Prop 8" Ad: A Fine Example of A...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like