The Wall Street Journal says that it makes little sense to try to downplay the significance of Syria's secret attempt to build a plutonium breeder reactor, with North Korean assistance. Yet that is exactly what the U.S. State Department seems to be doing.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Are African American Leaders Ignoring Darfur?
- Ominous Sign: Iran and Sudan Military Treaty
- White House Confirms that Israel Destroyed North K...
- AP Reports Syrian-Israeli Peace Talks, and Gets It...
- This Year's Model: The Perfect Democrat Candidate
- The Return of History, With a Vengeance--Liberal D...
- Obama Has A Problem with Context and The Truth
- Our Hedegehog Weekend Movie: 'Baracky"
- Yale Co-Ed Undergoes Multiple Abortions as Senior ...
- Thought for the Week
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like