Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Yale Co-Ed Undergoes Multiple Abortions as Senior ...
- Thought for the Week
- Guest Post: Masks of Greedy Hands: Eagerly for, o...
- PLO Spokesman Says Its Ultimate Goal is Destructio...
- Jimmy Carter to Meet Hamas Leader in Damascus
- Jackie Mason Takes On Obama
- Hillary Clinton Fires Mark Penn Over the Columbia ...
- Perhaps McCain Hasn't Yet Won Over the Conservativ...
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King
- Hamas Children's TV Show Depicts Murder of Preside...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like