Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jimmy Carter to Meet Hamas Leader in Damascus

Bolstering once again his credentials as one of the worst former U.S. Presidents, Jimmy Carter has announced his intention to meet with Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal in Damascus, over the objections of the U.S. State Department, which stated that the meeting went against United States foreign policy. Reuters reports:
"We have counseled the former president about having such a meeting," said State Department spokesman Sean McCormack, adding the advice was not to go ahead with such talks.

"U.S. government policy is that Hamas is a terrorist organization and we don't believe it is in the interests of our policy or in the interests of peace to have such a meeting," he told reporters when asked about Carter's plans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lunacy and flat-out lack of discretion (it used to be called "treason" in the days when duty mattered) in Jimmah's post-presidency is simply incredible! Can it go any lower than this? Unfortunately, I can imagine a whole range of possibilities. I fear we will not be spared until his glorious reunion with Ms. Lillian.

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch, in an article posted at RealClearPolitics, on Jimmy Carter and his antics:

"I came to know Carter well.

"When he ran for reelection, he asked me to campaign for him in 1980 - I was by then Mayor of New York City -- and I said that I would vote for him, but not campaign for him because he was then engaging in hostile acts towards Israel. I was popular with the Jewish community and when I would not campaign for him unless he changed his position, he called me to his hotel in New York when attending a fundraiser and said, 'You have done me more damage than any man in America.' I felt proud then, and even more today, since we now know what a miserable president he was then and the miserable human being he is now as he prepares to meet with Hamas."

Indeed!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home