Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Terrorists Attack Jerusalem Yeshiva Mercaz HaRav
- Dry Bones on Israel's View of the U.S. Elections
- "Moderate" Fatah Gunmen Ambush Israeli in Sham Bus...
- Hillary Says End the War in Iraq and Win the War i...
- Hamas' Ceasefire Scam
- Israel Finally Acts to Defend Itself
- With No Nearby Jews to Attack, Gaza Islamists Turn...
- McCain Can Win This Thing!
- Radical Leftist Hatred of Israel Knows No Rational...
- Hamas Rocket Kills Man In Sderot
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like