Israelis follow the American Presidential election with keen interest, but naturally their real political interest lies closer to home. Dry Bones expresses the frustration of many Israelis with a Prime Minister whose popularity fell within statistical error range of zero percent, and still refused to resign, and with Knesset members so craven and desperate to retain power that they refuse to pass a vote of no confidence in a government in which the public has lost all confidence, because then the Knesset members themselves would have to face new elections. A recent poll in Israel showed only 19% of respondents in favor of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert not resigning. " And yet," Kirschner comments, "the disgraced and fumbling Israeli Prime Minister continues to hold onto power, trying to negotiate away Jerusalem to the Palestinians and unable to defend our civilians from the Hamas bombs."
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- "Moderate" Fatah Gunmen Ambush Israeli in Sham Bus...
- Hillary Says End the War in Iraq and Win the War i...
- Hamas' Ceasefire Scam
- Israel Finally Acts to Defend Itself
- With No Nearby Jews to Attack, Gaza Islamists Turn...
- McCain Can Win This Thing!
- Radical Leftist Hatred of Israel Knows No Rational...
- Hamas Rocket Kills Man In Sderot
- How Should Israel Respond to the Palestinian Rocke...
- Krauthammer: Obama Sells Empty Hope
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like