You could have read it in the Op-Ed column by Joe Queenan in this Sunday's Los Anglese Times, entitled "Climate Change Lessons From the Vikings". Or you might have read the essay by Daniel Botkin back on October 21 in the WSJ.com Opinion Journal, entitled "Global Warming Delusions." Both pieces, while conceding (as do most conservatives) that a global warming trend is occurring, challenge the doomsday scenarios pushed by Al Gore and the United Nations report on global climate change. But you could have read it first back on February 19, 2007 right here on the Hedgehog Blog [see "Ellen Goodman Compares Denial of Global Warming to Denial of the Holocaust"]. (Alright, I cited Mark Steyn in that column, but I was right behind him.) [See also, "Warming Trend Benefits Greenland," The Hedgehog Blog, October 29, 2007.]
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Musings on Mukasey, Waterboarding
- Billary Clinton
- Mike Huckabee on Resident Tuition for Children of ...
- Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff Asks, "Who ar...
- More Tall Tales of Headless Bodies From Baghdad
- Condi Turns to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton for MidE...
- Warming Trend Benefits Greenland
- Worth Watching: "Indoctrinate U"
- Dry Bones on Annapolis Conference: Be Afraid. Be...
- Dennis Prager Takes On Islamofascism at UCSB
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like