As confirmed by no less an authority than Lynne Cheney, the Vice President's wife, her husband is an eighth cousin of the Illinois Senator and Democratic Presidential candidate. Read all about it here. How will the Clinton campaign use this intelligence? Since Senator Obama is supported by many of Senator Clinton's critics on the Left, look for the Clintonistas to start a rumor campaign among the wingnuts, hinting that Senator Obama is actually Dick Cheney's Manchurian Candidate, through whom Cheney plans on continuing his secret rule of the United States through January 2017. Who will be the first to uncover Senator Obama's Halliburton connections? [HT: OMG]
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Bob Jones University Leaders Endorse Romney!
- If You Think that American Politicians Flip-Flop.....
- Ann Coulter Is Not An Anti-Semite; She's an Honest...
- Iran's Supreme Leader Fires Hezbollah's Military C...
- About The Nobel Peace Prize
- The MItt Romney Family: "The Decision"
- If I Were A Democrat . . .
- Palestinians Up the Ante: Demand Muslim Control of...
- Terri Schiavo Case Revisited: New Brain Scanning ...
- And Now, the Hillary Clinton Spend-O-Meter!
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like