As reported in the Jerusalem Post, Fatah officials claimed over the weekend that Hamas had kidnapped Sana al-Sayegh, a prominent Christian professor at the Palestine University in Gaza City, and had forced her to convert to Islam. The officials stated that the President of the university, Dr. Zaher Khail, had assisted Hamas in the kidnapping of the professor.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, August 05, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The New Republic Admits "Error" in Iraq Soldier St...
- Have You Seen This Real Missing Person?
- Egyptian Soliders Kill 4 Sudanese Trying to Enter ...
- Demographic Argument For Surrendering Land to Arab...
- Mitt Romney Urges a Surge of Support for Our Troop...
- Hezbollah Officer Says His Fighters Would Have Sur...
- Cambridge University Has Hired Fundamentalist Chri...
- The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Logical Fallacy of In...
- For Baseball Fans
- "Ocean:" Mitt Romney's Seventh Television Advertis...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like