Now here's a minor league manager who gives new meaning to the term, "making a fool of yourself by losing your temper." Mississippi Braves manager Phillip Wellman was ejected from a game Friday, June 1 and apparently didn't like that. Something tells me we won't be seeing him manage in the majors soon.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- "Ocean:" Mitt Romney's Seventh Television Advertis...
- Quote of the Week: Oliver Twist, by Charles Dicke...
- Rick Monday And The American Flag
- What Has Israel Produced? What Have Hamas and Hez...
- Babylonian Clay Tablet Confirms Existence of Bibli...
- A Gracious Lady Takes Her Leave From Us
- Despite What You Read in the Defeat Sheet (the Los...
- Baseball Values
- British PM Brown: Don't Call Terrorists Moslem an...
- The Flow of History--An Exchange between Dean Barn...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like